Dear all..
I moved my samba server to a new linux box (faster, bigger, etc..),
and I moved from Mandrake 10.1 to 10.3 (mdk 2006).. I just copy my old
configuration file to the new linux box. The new linux's distribution
comes with samba 3.0.20... ( In my WinXP's clients I didn't change
anything). Of course, it doesn't work.. My clients can't connect to the
new samba server... I have been googling the problem, reading
documentation, FAQ's, etc, etc, etc... and nothing... I'm new in samba
world, And my first configuration works fine, but this one, have been
painful

Does exist big differences from 3.0.11 to 3.0.20 ??
Does exist a configuration problem in my old smb.conf file ?

I'm getting a little bit crazy..
Rodrigo
--------------
old smb.conf
--------------
[global]
workgroup = LGI_GROUP
netbios name = lgi
mangling method = hash2
server string = Servidor Samba LGI
passdb backend = smbpasswd:/etc/samba/smbpasswd
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
log level = 1
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 4096
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
domain logons = yes
preferred master = yes
domain master = yes
dns proxy = no
hosts allow = 172.17.71.0/24 127.
interfaces = eth0 lo
load printers = yes
printcap name = cups

[homes]
comment = Directorio Raiz
valid users = %S
invalid users = root, daemon
read only = no
browseable = no
writable = yes
follow symlinks = No
-----



--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/listinfo/samba