El Jueves, 8 de Diciembre de 2005 15:53, Josh Kelley escribió:
> Did you make sure to set rootbinddn in /etc/ldap.conf and the root
> password in /etc/ldap.secret? Otherwise, getent shadow runs as an
> unprivileged user, even as root. Did you check permissions on
> /etc/ldap.secret (should be mode 0600)?

Ooops, I had 0644 for /etc/ldap.secret. May it be the problem? I have to wait
monday for having access to XP machines, now I only can get ssh access.

I can not understand why, if I copy the user data to /etc/passwd from ldap,
(not /etc/shadow ) the user can log in, and when I delete the user
from /etc/passwd I get a getpwnam failure. But I can use usrmgr.exe and
smbclient works with the user data in ldap only, with no warning.

I have kerberos running and have a DNS sever (with AD zones) in the same linux
machine.

Thank you
PPablo