Hi All,
=20
Microsoft just coming up with R2
(http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/...142,sid5_gci11
50420,00.html?track=3DNL-52&ad=3D536546)
=20
I have couple of questions regarding it:
=20
1. Have they modified/added new features to the core CIFS, RPC, etc.
protocols to support some of those features, perhaps in the DFS or other
areas?
=20
2. In terms of CIFS, they claim outstanding NetBench performance of
more than 4Mbit/sec throughput. Do we know of any recent performance
studies on SAMBA that compared to this.
=20
Of course, netbench measured performance depends on many things in
addition to the actual SAMBA component (backend, network, clients) but
I'm interested to get your thoughts.
=20
Cheers,
Ephi