I have mounted a [homes] share on a Samba 3.0.22 server from
my XP Pro PC. On my Samba server, I have set deadtime to 1
minute. After connecting, I execute a net use command and
see that the status of the share is OK. After a minute or
so with no activity, I see that the status changes to
Disconnected. At this point, I thought that when I
re-accessed the share, I would be prompted again for a
username/password. Unfortunately, I am going directly into
the share I had previously opened with no prompting for the
username/password.

I am using these shares in a lab environment where I would
like the share to close and the next person be prompted for
a username/password after 1 minute of inactivity. Is this
possible?

TIA,

Ryan Harvey
Muskingum College