[Samba] Can't transfer files larger than 2GB from hpux to Win2K... - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Can't transfer files larger than 2GB from hpux to Win2K... - Samba ; Greetings, I run an automated process from cron that uploads a large file from my HP/UX server to a PC running Windows 2000 weekly. The process began to fail once the size of the uploaded file gre to over 2GB ...

  1. [Samba] Can't transfer files larger than 2GB from hpux to Win2K...

    Greetings,

    I run an automated process from cron that uploads a large file from my
    HP/UX server to a PC running Windows 2000 weekly.

    The process began to fail once the size of the uploaded file gre to over
    2GB in size.

    I've upgraded the Samba 2.2 installation to Samba 3.0.10 but that hasn't
    fixed the problem.

    We are running NTFS filesystems on the Windows server. From what I
    understand there is no 2GB file size limit on NTFS.

    I would appreciate any thoughts on this problem.

    thanks,

    kev

    -----------
    Kevin Lister - Unix Systems Administrator
    Central Coast Alliance for Health
    831 430-5655
    klister@ccah-alliance.org

  2. Re: [Samba] Can't transfer files larger than 2GB from hpux to Win2K...

    Hi,

    Kevin Lister schrieb:
    > I run an automated process from cron that uploads a large file from my
    > HP/UX server to a PC running Windows 2000 weekly.
    >
    > The process began to fail once the size of the uploaded file gre to over
    > 2GB in size.

    Try using cifs instead of smbfs when you connect to the share.

    -Marc

    --
    Marc Muehlfeld
    Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost