[Samba] Cannot seem to get printer driver delivery working from Vista 64 bit systems - Samba 3.0.25b - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Cannot seem to get printer driver delivery working from Vista 64 bit systems - Samba 3.0.25b - Samba ; Version: Samba 3.0.25b OS: CentOS 5 x86_64 I've had printer driver delivery working OK to 32 bit clients for a while. I used cupsaddsmb to set that up originally. We recently added some 64 bit Vista client machines (yay). I ...

  1. [Samba] Cannot seem to get printer driver delivery working from Vista 64 bit systems - Samba 3.0.25b

    Version: Samba 3.0.25b
    OS: CentOS 5 x86_64

    I've had printer driver delivery working OK to 32 bit clients for a while. I
    used cupsaddsmb to set that up originally.

    We recently added some 64 bit Vista client machines (yay).

    I created an x64 directory on the print$ share and followed the Samba HowTo
    instructions for finding and uploading a printer driver. The files are from
    a Vista 64 bit client that is able to print directly to the printer over
    the network.

    rpcclient -U root -c 'adddriver "Windows x64" \
    "Dell_Colour_Stationary_Room:PSCRIPT5.DLLLUXCN02.PPD:PS5UI.DLL:PSCRIPT.HLP:NULL:RAW:PSCRIPT .NTF,PS_SCHM.GDL"'
    \
    localhost

    rpcclient -U root -c \
    'setdriver Dell_Colour_Stationary_Room Dell_Colour_Stationary_Room'
    localhost

    Both commands complete successfully. The files are all now in print$/x64/3/
    and the driver appears in rpcclient enumprinters:

    [Windows x64]
    Printer Driver Info 1:
    Driver Name: [Dell_Colour_Stationary_Room]

    However, when I try to Connect to the printer from the Vista 64 bit machine,
    all I get is "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be
    completed (error 0x000006f7)".

    Any help would be appreciated.

    --
    "Thank God we don't get all the government we pay for." -- Will Rogers

  2. Re: [Samba] Cannot seem to get printer driver delivery working from Vista 64 bit systems - Samba 3.0.25b

  3. Re: [Samba] Cannot seem to get printer driver delivery working from Vista 64 bit systems - Samba 3.0.25b

    On Friday 06 July 2007 07:24, "Gerald (Jerry) Carter"
    wrote:
    > Alan Hodgson wrote:
    > > However, when I try to Connect to the printer from the Vista 64 bit
    > > machine, all I get is "Windows cannot connect to the printer.
    > > Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006f7)".
    > >
    > > Any help would be appreciated.

    > My advice is to upload the drivers from a real Windows client
    > and not using rpcclient.

    I've never managed to make that work. LDAP root user, printer admin, 777
    access across the board to the [print$] structure, it never works.

    I guess I'll fight with it some more.

    Thanks.

    --
    No matter how disastrously some government policy has turned out, anyone
    who criticizes it can expect to hear: 'But what would you replace it

  4. Re: [Samba] Cannot seem to get printer driver delivery working from Vista 64 bit systems - Samba 3.0.25b