[Samba] windows to unix user name mappings - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] windows to unix user name mappings - Samba ; I'd like my canonical Unix names to be of the form user@KERBEROS-REALM. Is there anyway to accomplish this? I'd also like NSS to lookup all the various variations and return that canonical representation. This seems to me to be the ...

  1. [Samba] windows to unix user name mappings

    I'd like my canonical Unix names to be of the form user@KERBEROS-REALM.
    Is there anyway to accomplish this? I'd also like NSS to lookup all the
    various variations and return that canonical representation.

    This seems to me to be the most appropriate way to map them. Is there a
    way to configure this?

    If not, is there anyway to return DOMAIN\user when lookups for 'user'
    happen?

  2. Re: [Samba] windows to unix user name mappings