Hi all,

I've just recently carried out 2 clean installs of SUSE SLES 10 (SUSE Linux
Enterprise Server 10 (i586) - Kernel 2.6.16.21-0.8-smp (0)) and have found on
both occasions that the YAST configuration tool for SAMBA in this release is
broken. Initial configuration seems to be OK, but whenever subsequent changes
are made they are not reflected in smb.conf. Just a little frustrating!

So .... either get it right the first time ... or brush up on manual
configuration! I ended up copying a working smb.conf from a system running on
an earlier release. Had to alter the entry for 'passdb backend', which had
previously been allowed to be blank. Instead set it to 'passdb backend =
smbpasswd', even though I'm using a 'password server' for authentication.

Hope this information is of use to someone.

Greg Shearer