[Samba] Direct access to subdirectories using smbclient - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Direct access to subdirectories using smbclient - Samba ; Hi I have a question How do i access a subdirectory of a windows share using smbclient? The problem is that i have a windows folder \\192.168.1.33\dvds shared in a windows machine but i want a direct access with smbclient ...

  1. [Samba] Direct access to subdirectories using smbclient

    Hi

    I have a question
    How do i access a subdirectory of a windows share using smbclient?
    The problem is that i have a windows folder \\192.168.1.33\dvds shared
    in a windows machine but i want a direct access with smbclient from a
    linux machine to the folder \\192.168.1.33\dvds\examples. Is it
    possible?? any /etc/fstab setting to do this?
    Im using suse linux enterprise server 8 and samba 2.2.8

    --
    Saludos,

    Oskar Kossuth E.

    Administrador Unix
    okossuth@servicios.antel.com.uy
    ANTEL telecomunicaciones

    Este e-mail y cualquier posible archivo adjunto está dirigido únicamente al destinatario del mensaje y contiene información que puede ser confidencial. Si Ud. no es el destinatario correcto por favor notifique al remitente respondiendo este mensaje y elimine inmediatamente el e-mail y los posibles archivos adjuntos al mismo de su sistema. Está prohibida cualquier utilización, difusión o copia de este e-mail por cualquier persona o entidad que no sean las específicas destinatarias del mensaje. ANTEL no acepta ninguna responsabilidad con respecto a cualquier comunicación que haya sido emitida incumpliendo nuestra Política de Seguridad de la Información.
    .. . . . . . . . .
    This e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not intended recipient please inform the sender immediately, answering this e-mail and delete it as well as the attached files. Any use, circulation or copy of this e-mail by any person or entity that is not the specific addressee(s) is prohibited. ANTEL is not responsible for any communication emitted without respecting our Information Security Policy.

  2. Re: [Samba] Direct access to subdirectories using smbclient

    The problem is that for security reasons users must access
    \\192.168.1.33\dvds\examples instead of \\192.168.1.33\dvds
    or any other folder below dvds
    but the shared folder is \\192.168.1.33\dvds ..
    I know that using nautilus or konqueror do what i need, but
    want to do it with smbclient or smbmount..

    any ideas?

    --
[...]

  3. Re: [Samba] Direct access to subdirectories using smbclient

    On Wednesday 20 June 2007, Kossuth Espinosa, Oskar wrote:
    > The problem is that for security reasons users must access
    > \\192.168.1.33\dvds\examples instead of \\192.168.1.33\dvds
    > or any other folder below dvds
    > but the shared folder is \\192.168.1.33\dvds ..
    > I know that using nautilus or konqueror do what i need, but
    > want to do it with smbclient or smbmount..

    Appears that smbclient doesn't do this. A cifs mount does.

    > any ideas?

    Share the examples folder with a proper set of permissions.

    Chris