[Samba] Management tool - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Management tool - Samba ; Hi guys, I need to manage a university which has 900 computers distributed along some departments and I wanna use a tool to do this. I'm testing GOsa ( www.gosa-project.org ) and I wanna know which tools you are using. ...

  1. [Samba] Management tool

    Hi guys,

    I need to manage a university which has 900 computers distributed along some
    departments and I wanna use a tool to do this.

    I'm testing GOsa (www.gosa-project.org) and I wanna know which tools you are
    using.

    That's all folks.

    --
    Allysson Steve Mota Lacerda
    Administrador de Redes

  2. Fwd: [Samba] Management tool

    On 6/20/07, Allysson Steve Mota Lacerda wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > I need to manage a university which has 900 computers distributed along some
    > departments and I wanna use a tool to do this.
    >
    > I'm testing GOsa (www.gosa-project.org) and I wanna know which tools you are
    > using.

    For 50 to 100 computers I use a combination of LDAP Account Manager
    http://lam.sourceforge.net/

    and

    webmin http://www.webmin.com/

    John

    --
    John M. Drescher

  3. Re: [Samba] Management tool

    > I need to manage a university which has 900 computers distributed along some
    > departments and I wanna use a tool to do this.

    Can you be more specific what you want to manage? User accounts and
    shares or workstations and applications.

    > I'm testing GOsa (www.gosa-project.org) and I wanna know which tools you are
    > using.

    Personally, I think almost all the free tools available are pretty
    miserable. But GOsa is certainly the most interesting.

  4. [Samba] Management tool

    On 6/21/07, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

    > Can you be more specific what you want to manage? User accounts and
    > shares or workstations and applications.

    Users (groups, permissions, expirity date)
    E-mails (quotas)
    Workstations (location, shares, remote installation)
    Organisational structure [LDAP tree, basically]

    Personally, I think almost all the free tools available are pretty
    > miserable. But GOsa is certainly the most interesting.

    Do you advice me another one?