[Samba] smbclient doesn't work with anonymous access on windows 2000 - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] smbclient doesn't work with anonymous access on windows 2000 - Samba ; Hello, I have the following error when I try to use smbclient with windows 2000 & anonymous access : $ smbclient -N -L //machine1 Anonymous login successful Domain=[DOMAIN] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager] Sharename Type Comment --------- ---- ------- ...

  1. [Samba] smbclient doesn't work with anonymous access on windows 2000

    Hello,

    I have the following error when I try to use smbclient with windows 2000 & anonymous access :

    $ smbclient -N -L //machine1
    Anonymous login successful
    Domain=[DOMAIN] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

    Sharename Type Comment
    --------- ---- -------
    cli_rpc_pipe_open: cli_nt_create failed on pipe \srvsvc to machine machine1. Error was NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
    Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

    -------------------
    Some infos :

    -Debian GNU/Linux unstable distribution

    -kernel :
    $ uname -a

    Linux Xdeb 2.6.18-4-686 #1 SMP Mon Mar 26 17:17:36 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux

    -smbclient version :
    $ smbclient -V

    Version 3.0.25a

    Anyone knows how to fix this problem ?

    Best regards,
    --
    Alexandru Ionut Munteanu

  2. Re: [Samba] smbclient doesn't work with anonymous access on windows 2000