[Samba] suggestions on ldap - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] suggestions on ldap - Samba ; I have been reading ALOT of the documentation on the samba site.. My question is, For the moment, I'm just implementing a 50 user pdc. However, we will soon want to look at groupware etc... Should I do ldap? Ldap ...

  1. [Samba] suggestions on ldap

    I have been reading ALOT of the documentation on the samba site..

    My question is,
    For the moment, I'm just implementing a 50 user pdc. However, we will soon want to look at groupware etc...

    Should I do ldap? Ldap looks really hard and a bit mind blowing..

    --
    This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by RCRnet, and is believed to be clean.

  2. Re: [Samba] suggestions on ldap

    > I have been reading ALOT of the documentation on the samba site..
    > My question is,
    > For the moment, I'm just implementing a 50 user pdc. However, we will soon want
    > to look at groupware etc...

    As long as everything you install can authenticate against Samba, or
    something like RADIUS that can authenticate against Samba, you don't
    *NEED* LDAP. But LDAP is very nice once you have it.

    > Should I do ldap? Ldap looks really hard and a bit mind blowing..

    It is; you'll have to read allot more other documentation.

    --
    Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
    Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com