[Samba] VFS Full Audit module forces logging of failures - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] VFS Full Audit module forces logging of failures - Samba ; Hi All, I have taken a look through the vfs_full_audit.c module in samba-3.0.10/source/modules/ and it seems that there is no way to turn off logging of *some sort* of failure event... There is the concept of a 'none' list of ...

  1. [Samba] VFS Full Audit module forces logging of failures

    Hi All,

    I have taken a look through the vfs_full_audit.c module in
    samba-3.0.10/source/modules/ and it seems that there is no way to turn off
    logging of *some sort* of failure event...

    There is the concept of a 'none' list of ops (this is the default for the
    success event), and there is a concept of an 'all' list of ops (the
    default for the failure event), but there is no way to actually specify
    'none' for failure. If the success event is simply not specified in the
    config file, no success events will be logged, but if the failure event is
    omitted from the config file, every failure will be logged. Is this
    intentional, or simply an oversight? Shall I send through a patch to
    implement this behaviour, and if so, to this list?

    Cheers,
    Darryl Dixon
    Winterhouse Consulting Ltd
    http://www.winterhouseconsulting.com
    +64 21 33 44 13

  2. Re: [Samba] VFS Full Audit module forces logging of failures

    On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 12:27:41PM +1200, Darryl Dixon - Winterhouse Consulting wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have taken a look through the vfs_full_audit.c module in
    > samba-3.0.10/source/modules/ and it seems that there is no way to turn off
    > logging of *some sort* of failure event...
    >
    > There is the concept of a 'none' list of ops (this is the default for the
    > success event), and there is a concept of an 'all' list of ops (the
    > default for the failure event), but there is no way to actually specify
    > 'none' for failure. If the success event is simply not specified in the
    > config file, no success events will be logged, but if the failure event is
    > omitted from the config file, every failure will be logged. Is this
    > intentional, or simply an oversight? Shall I send through a patch to
    > implement this behaviour, and if so, to this list?

    Yes please, that would be most welcome. Please start with
    the Samba 3.0.25 source code though, as this is the current
    version.

    Jeremy.