[Samba] winbind local group memberships - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] winbind local group memberships - Samba ; I have a domain member system which has domain users. For instance, ISI \jhaltom. This user is a member of a local group "admin", by virtue of being in the /etc/group file on the line for admin. If I log ...

  1. [Samba] winbind local group memberships

    I have a domain member system which has domain users. For instance, ISI
    \jhaltom. This user is a member of a local group "admin", by virtue of
    being in the /etc/group file on the line for admin. If I log into the
    user (using su), and type "id", it shows him as a proper member of the
    local group.

    However, when doing an operation over a share where with group
    permissions set to "admin", I get permission denied. Samba does not seem
    to realize I am in this group. Why is this?

  2. Re: [Samba] winbind local group memberships