How are you adding users, if you are using smblldap-tools? check ur
smbldap.conf and check to see if the login path is set the same or commented
out.

The only thing I can think of is the scripts u are using to add the users is
not setting this in ldap.

Also do you have a netlogin share; double check the documentation and
understand what you are trying to acheive and how it is working.

Cheers,

Adrian Sender.