[Samba] groupmapping impossible? - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] groupmapping impossible? - Samba ; Does someone know how to do this group mapping in samba? why does "net groupmap x y" has no effect? If I map a domain group to a local group, then the members of the domain group should be treated ...

  1. [Samba] groupmapping impossible?

    Does someone know how to do this group mapping in samba? why does "net
    groupmap x y" has no effect? If I map a domain group to a local group,
    then the members of the domain group should be treated as members of
    the local group, or not?

    On 6/1/07, Urs Golla wrote:
    > Usage:
    > net time to view or set time information
    > net lookup to lookup host name or ip address
    > net user to manage users
    > net group to manage groups
    > net sam to edit the local user database directly
    > net lookup to look up various things
    > net groupmap to manage group mappings
    > net join to join a domain
    > net cache to operate on cache tdb file
    > net getlocalsid [NAME] to get the SID for local name
    > net setlocalsid SID to set the local domain SID
    > net setdomainsid SID to set the domain SID on member servers
    > net changesecretpw to change the machine password in the local
    > secrets database only
    > this requires the -f flag as a safety barrier
    > net status Show server status
    > net usersidlist to get a list of all users with their SIDs
    > net usershare to add, delete and list locally user-modifiable shares
    >
    > net ads to run ADS commands
    > net rap to run RAP (pre-RPC) commands
    > net rpc to run RPC commands
    >
    > Type "net help

  2. Re: [Samba] groupmapping impossible?

    On Friday 01 June 2007, Urs Golla wrote:
    > Does someone know how to do this group mapping in samba? why does "net
    > groupmap x y" has no effect? If I map a domain group to a local group,
    > then the members of the domain group should be treated as members of
    > the local group, or not?

    Maybe spending a minute with the official howto might help:

    http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/...upmapping.html

    Chris

  3. [Samba] Re: groupmapping impossible?