[Samba] Re: changing ACLs only as owner possible - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Re: changing ACLs only as owner possible - Samba ; Sven Geggus schrieb: > Bjoern_80@gmx.de wrote: > > > > But I'll can* change ACLs, if i'm the owner of this file/folder. If > > I'm member of an ownerproup or I have full access via ACLs (as user or ...

  1. [Samba] Re: changing ACLs only as owner possible

    Sven Geggus schrieb:

    > Bjoern_80@gmx.de wrote:
    >

    > > But I'll can* change ACLs, if i'm the owner of this file/folder. If
    > > I'm member of an ownerproup or I have full access via ACLs (as user or
    > > as a member of a group) I always get an error message:
    > > setfacl: test_unixgrpvoll: Operation not permitted

    > RTFL hels in this case!
    >
    > from smb.conf(5)
    >
    > --cut--
    > dos filemode (S)
    >
    > The default behavior in Samba is to provide UNIX-like behavior where
    > only the owner of a file/directory is able to change the permissions
    > on* it.* However,* this* behavior* is often confusing to DOS/Windows
    > users. Enabling this parameter allows a user who has write access
    > to the* file* (by* whatever means) to modify the permissions
    > (including ACL) on it. Note that a user belonging to the group owning
    > the file will* not* be* allowed* to* change* permissions if the
    > group
    > is only granted read access. Ownership of the file/directory may also
    > be changed.
    >
    > Default: dos filemode = no
    > --cut--
    >
    > from setfacl(1)
    >
    > --cut--
    > PERMISSIONS
    >
    > The* file* owner* and* processes* capable of CAP_FOWNER are granted
    > the
    > right to modify ACLs of a file. This is analogous* to* the permissions
    > required* for* accessing the file mode. (On current Linux systems, root
    > is the only user with the CAP_FOWNER capability.)
    > --cut--
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Sven*

    Hello!

    Dos filemode works for the main unixgroup, but not for ACL-Users/Groups
    (with full access).
    Is there an opportunity also for ACL-Users/Groups

    Regards...

    Björn

  2. Re: [Samba] Re: changing ACLs only as owner possible