[Samba] ACLS, inherit owner=yes - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] ACLS, inherit owner=yes - Samba ; Hello, I am currently migrating data from NT4 to Samba, and ownership is not preserved. Could someone please confirm the option "inherit owner" does not work on RHEL4 (samba-3.0.10-1.4E.11)? How can I get this working? Regards -- To unsubscribe from ...

  1. [Samba] ACLS, inherit owner=yes

    Hello,

    I am currently migrating data from NT4 to Samba, and ownership is not
    preserved.

    Could someone please confirm the option "inherit owner" does not work on
    RHEL4 (samba-3.0.10-1.4E.11)?

    How can I get this working?

    Regards

  2. RE: [Samba] ACLS, inherit owner=yes

    Do you have the acl/xattr utilities installed and necessary kernel support?
    (I'm going to assume yes for a moment). While I can't confirm the inherit
    owner issue with RHEL4 (don't run the distro), I can definitely say that
    inherit owner _WILL_ work in versions after 3.0.15 properly. I am using .23c
    with little to no issues. I believe that you should upgrade to a newer RHEL
    rpm of Samba if at all possible. Hope that works out for you.

    Theodore Charles III
    Network Administrator
    Los Angeles Senior High