[Samba] Redundant ldap idmap backend possible? - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Redundant ldap idmap backend possible? - Samba ; Hi, I have just started to turn my Linux boxes over to use winbind for authentication and ldap based idmap backend servers (open-ldap). As far as I understand the documentation (for version 3.0.23c) it is only possible to specify one ...

  1. [Samba] Redundant ldap idmap backend possible?

    Hi, I have just started to turn my Linux boxes over to use winbind for
    authentication and ldap based idmap backend servers (open-ldap). As far as I
    understand the documentation (for version 3.0.23c) it is only possible to
    specify one ldap server, mine config line looks like:

    idmap backend = ldap:ldap://idmap.xelerated.com

    I did try to map the idmap.xelerated.com entry in DNS to two servers, but it
    only uses the first entry returned from the DNS-servern.

    I want my environment to work even if one of the LDAP-servers goes down, how
    do I make implement redundancy?

    Regards, Lars Berntzon

    believed to be clean.

  2. Re: [Samba] Redundant ldap idmap backend possible?

    On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 14:23 +0200, Lars Berntzon wrote:
    > Hi, I have just started to turn my Linux boxes over to use winbind for
    > authentication and ldap based idmap backend servers (open-ldap). As far as I
    > understand the documentation (for version 3.0.23c) it is only possible to
    > specify one ldap server, mine config line looks like:
    >

    > idmap backend = ldap:ldap://idmap.xelerated.com
    >

    > I did try to map the idmap.xelerated.com entry in DNS to two servers, but it
    > only uses the first entry returned from the DNS-servern.
    >

    > I want my environment to work even if one of the LDAP-servers goes down, how
    > do I make implement redundancy?

    IIRC:
    ldap:"ldap://server1,ldap://server2"

    Simo.