[Samba] successor of 'printer admin' - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] successor of 'printer admin' - Samba ; Hello list last week we upgraded a 2.2 samba installation to the latest 3.024 release (with CUPS as printing backend). till now we granted some users the right to cancel printer queues from others with 'printer admin = printadmins' in ...

  1. [Samba] successor of 'printer admin'

    Hello list

    last week we upgraded a 2.2 samba installation to the latest
    3.024 release (with CUPS as printing backend).

    till now we granted some users the right to cancel printer
    queues from others with 'printer admin = printadmins' in smb.conf.
    I read through the changes-list and realized that 'printer admin'
    is now deprecated.

    I read through the Samba-book, the Howto-sections but did not find
    (or maybe overlooked) what the preferred way in Samba-3.024 is, to
    grant some users 'printer admin' rights.
    I am quite confused, if this is done by
    $ net groupmap add ntgroup='Builtin Print Operators' \
    unixgroup=printadmins rid=550
    or by
    $ net rpc rights grant SePrintOperatorPrivilege 'printadmins'

    Or am completely off the track?

    regards
    thomas

  2. Re: [Samba] successor of 'printer admin'

    You're not far off. You can grant the rights like so

    net rpc rights grant 'account_name' SePrintOperatorPrivilege

  3. Re: [Samba] successor of 'printer admin'