[Samba] notebook users question - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] notebook users question - Samba ; We have some staff that will be receiving notebook computers and will be doing field work (no internet access when not in the office). In the office they will be in our domain. But, how do I handle them logging ...

  1. [Samba] notebook users question

    We have some staff that will be receiving notebook computers and will be
    doing field work (no internet access when not in the office). In the
    office they will be in our domain. But, how do I handle them logging
    into their computer when they are not in the office. They won't be able
    to contact the domain server for their login username and password.
    What are my options? Have them login as administrator/local user when
    in the field, or is there some way to have Windows XP on the notebooks
    cache their login username/password info and make it appear they are in
    the domain?

  2. Re: [Samba] notebook users question

    On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 10:36 -0500, Adam Williams wrote:
    > We have some staff that will be receiving notebook computers and will be
    > doing field work (no internet access when not in the office). In the
    > office they will be in our domain. But, how do I handle them logging
    > into their computer when they are not in the office. They won't be able
    > to contact the domain server for their login username and password.
    > What are my options? Have them login as administrator/local user when
    > in the field, or is there some way to have Windows XP on the notebooks
    > cache their login username/password info and make it appear they are in
    > the domain?

    Windows cache domain credentials by default unless instructed not to do
    so.

    --
    Simo Sorce
    Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer