[Samba] Samba 2.2.7 - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Samba 2.2.7 - Samba ; Hi, I'm new to Samba. We have version 2.2.7 installed and we have been experiencing some weird issue. I would change the Samba share password and the Unix login password to be the same. What is really weird is that ...

  1. [Samba] Samba 2.2.7

    Hi,

    I'm new to Samba. We have version 2.2.7 installed and we have been
    experiencing some weird issue.

    I would change the Samba share password and the Unix login password to
    be the same.

    What is really weird is that the old password seems to be still in
    effect. When we use "net use", to assign the share to a drive, it
    doesn't work with the new password but will still work with the old
    password.

    Has anyone run into this situation?

    Thanks
    Dave

  2. Re: [Samba] Samba 2.2.7

    Try removing the user and adding again with the new password.