Greetings.

I am attempting to configure a SAMBA server to act as a "gateway" server
and am having some issues. Any assistance or clarification would be
greatly appreciated.

Our company has need to connect to remote CIFS server, running SAMBA,
hosted by a remote company. To do this, I am attempting to mount the
remote share to a local server and then reshare this back out to our
user base.

The local server is running Fedora 6 and SAMBA version 3.0.24. I can
successfully mount and access the remote share on the local server. I
can successfully share another directory on the local server. I cannot
access the share that publishes mounted remote directory. When I
attempt to access the reshared directory (from a local client to our
local server), I receive an "invalid directory" error. I have checked
my permissions, etc. and all seem in order. I can browse the reshared
directory from a Linux client, but cannot access the files.

This is something I was successful in doing utilizing a remote NFS
share. Utilizing a local client directly to the remote share is
successful, but not a valid solution.

Firstly, is this possible? If it is, are there any suggestions as to
what I may be missing or doing wrong? Any assistance you maybe able to
give to me is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Clayton