Hi,
I'm trying to set up a Linux file server with Samba that should be accesible
for Active Directory users.
The structure of the folders looks like this:
http://users.telenet.be/vandewoestyn...ystructuur.jpg

The folders 3BOa01, 3BOa02, .... are folders where a student can upload his
files.
So each student has his own folder.

In Active directory I have a group called "Students".
The group "Students" contains all the students who have the same username as
their foldername.
So user 3BOa01 should be able to upload files into the folder 3BOa01.

I'd like to setup my smb.conf so that a students folder should only be
accesible to that student alone, and no one else.
I would like this student to have full control over his folder.

I'm not quite sure how to to this, but I tried to do the following:

My smb.conf file

[global]
workgroup = LEERLINGEN
netbios name = ns
encrypt passwords = true
security = ads
password server = 192.168.100.11
# for mapping userIDs between Linux server and AD
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
# allows you to bind users
winbind enum users = yes
#allosw you to use the AD groups
winbind enum groups = yes
winbind nested groups = yes
realm = LEERLINGEN.LOCAL
#winbind use default domain = yes

[homes]
comment = Home directories
valid users = %S
read only = yes
browseable = yes

[data]
comment = Data
path = /export
browseable = yes
read only = Yes

#SAMPLE SHARE
# -----------------------------------

[3EMa01]
comment = Student share folder of student: 3EMa01
path = /root/studentshares/3TSO/3EM/3EMa01
valid users = @"LEERLINGEN\3EMa01"
admin users = @"LEERLINGEN\3EMa01"
browseable = yes
read only = No

# -----------------------------------

I thought this would make the folder /root/studentshares/3TSO/3EM/3EMa01
accesible for the user 3EMa01, but when i try to browse the folder a popup
box appears telling me to log in... Why?
With what username should i login?
I tried with Administrator, root, 3EMa01, but all seem to fail...
I can access any other folder though without login in...
I'm hoping i don"t need to create an account for each student on the Linux
machine?
Do i need to "chown" something? and as what user?
I also noticed that when i run the command "getent passwd" the linux machine
doesnt display the username in capitals. Could this also be a potential
problem?

Hope somebody can help me out.
Thx,
Pieter