We post our .msi files on our samba share without any problems getting them
to install through GPO. In the smb.conf, we list domain computers as being a
valid user. We have also set the acl on the directory to give domain
computers r-x. Yes, we are using extended acls on our reiserfs partition.

Check both places.
Good luck
Steve