I finally figured out how to create essentially 'domain administrators' with
the mapping. However, I would like to go further. I work for a school
district and I would like to further map students, teachers, and admin to
groups. The catch seems to be, that I do not have Active Directory- so I
don't think I can just make a 'teachers' group and map it? I have a
unixgroup teachers, and people are assigned correctly for that (so they get
the correct mappings).. but with rpc mappings, I could give more privileges
such as giving teachers printer admin.

Any explanation of how to do the most with samba without active directory,
would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,