[Samba] Problem with subfolder permissions - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Problem with subfolder permissions - Samba ; Dear, I want to do the following set-up but I don't succeed in it: e.g.: users: user1 user2 user3 share: "test" with access from user1,2 and 3 Now I want to create a subfolder in "test" e.g. "subtest" but only ...

  1. [Samba] Problem with subfolder permissions

    Dear,

    I want to do the following set-up but I don't succeed in it:

    e.g.:

    users: user1
    user2
    user3

    share: "test" with access from user1,2 and 3

    Now I want to create a subfolder in "test" e.g. "subtest" but only with
    access for user1 and 3 but I'm not able to do that.
    Is there a solution for this?

    Thank you,
    Jethro

  2. Re: [Samba] Problem with subfolder permissions

    Use ACL to set special permission to these folders.

    On 4/11/07, Jethro Hermans wrote:
    > Dear,
    >
    > I want to do the following set-up but I don't succeed in it:
    >
    > e.g.:
    >
    > users: user1
    > user2
    > user3
    >
    > share: "test" with access from user1,2 and 3
    >
    > Now I want to create a subfolder in "test" e.g. "subtest" but only with
    > access for user1 and 3 but I'm not able to do that.
    > Is there a solution for this?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Jethro
    >
    > --