[Samba] machine authentication at Active Directory - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] machine authentication at Active Directory - Samba ; On a 802.1X environment, it's possible to permit a windows desktop gain access to the network by using only machine authentication at the Active Directory (no need for login + password). Is it possible to do the same with a ...

  1. [Samba] machine authentication at Active Directory

    On a 802.1X environment, it's possible to permit a windows
    desktop gain access to the network by using only machine
    authentication at the Active Directory (no need for login +
    password).
    Is it possible to do the same with a Linux desktop with samba? I
    mean a Linux desktop pass machine credentials to Active Directory
    as windows do (SID), without any login and password.
    --
    Otto Fuchshuber Filho
    o2to2f@gmail.com

  2. [Samba] Fwd: machine authentication at Active Directory

    Can anybody help me with this issue or tell me where I can get help?
    Thanks
    --
    Otto Fuchshuber Filho
    o2to2f@gmail.com

    On a 802.1X environment, it's possible to permit a windows
    desktop gain access to the network by using only machine
    authentication at the Active Directory (no need for login +
    password).
    Is it possible to do the same with a Linux desktop with samba? I
    mean a Linux desktop pass machine credentials to Active Directory
    as windows do (SID), without any login and password.
    --
    Otto Fuchshuber Filho
    o2to2f@gmail.com

  3. Re: [Samba] Fwd: machine authentication at Active Directory

    On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 18:20 -0300, Otto Fuchshuber Filho wrote:
    > Can anybody help me with this issue or tell me where I can get help?
    > Thanks
    > --
    > Otto Fuchshuber Filho
    > o2to2f@gmail.com

    We store the information that could do this, but I don't think anybody
    has done the link between that and 802.1x.

    Andrew Bartlett

    --
    Andrew Bartlett http://samba.org/~abartlet/
    Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc. http://redhat.com

  4. Fwd: [Samba] Fwd: machine authentication at Active Directory

    Any other comments?

    Otto Fuchshuber Filho
    o2to2f@gmail.com

    But without 802.1X, is it possible to do machine authentication
    at AD with a Linux + Samba desktop? If so, Where can I get tips
    about this?

    Thanks,

    Otto Fuchshuber Filho
    o2to2f@gmail.com

    Andrew Bartlett escreveu, Em 12-04-2007 22:29:
    > We store the information that could do this, but I don't think anybody
    > has done the link between that and 802.1x.
    >
    > Andrew Bartlett
    >
    > On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 18:20 -0300, Otto Fuchshuber Filho wrote:
    >>
    >> Can anybody help me with this issue or tell me where I can get help?
    >> Thanks
    >> --
    >> Otto Fuchshuber Filho
    >> o2to2f@gmail.com

  5. Fwd: [Samba] Fwd: machine authentication at Active Directory

    Any ideas?

    Otto Fuchshuber Filho
    o2to2f@gmail.com

    But without 802.1X, is it possible to do machine authentication
    at AD with a Linux + Samba desktop? If so, Where can I get tips
    about this?

    Thanks,

    Otto Fuchshuber Filho
    o2to2f@gmail.com

    Andrew Bartlett escreveu, Em 12-04-2007 22:29:
    > We store the information that could do this, but I don't think anybody
    > has done the link between that and 802.1x.
    >
    > Andrew Bartlett
    >
    > On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 18:20 -0300, Otto Fuchshuber Filho wrote:
    >>
    >> Can anybody help me with this issue or tell me where I can get help?
    >> Thanks
    >> --
    >> Otto Fuchshuber Filho
    >> o2to2f@gmail.com

  6. Fwd: [Samba] Fwd: machine authentication at Active Directory

    Any ideas?

    Otto Fuchshuber Filho
    o2to2f@gmail.com