[Samba] Changing winbind's user settings of an AD-User - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Changing winbind's user settings of an AD-User - Samba ; Hi, I set up a Win2k3 AD and joined Samba 3.0.24 sucessfully. "getent passwd" lists all Linux and AD users correctly. [...] "UIB+knieschewski:*:10000:10000:Sebastian Knieschewski:/home/UIB/knieschewski:/bin/bash" Now I want to change the home directory of some users. Is there any way to ...

  1. [Samba] Changing winbind's user settings of an AD-User

    Hi,

    I set up a Win2k3 AD and joined Samba 3.0.24 sucessfully.

    "getent passwd" lists all Linux and AD users correctly.
    [...]
    "UIB+knieschewski:*:10000:10000:Sebastian
    Knieschewski:/home/UIB/knieschewski:/bin/bash"

    Now I want to change the home directory of some users. Is there any way
    to do this??? I expected the home-dir entries to be stored in the AD,
    but there isn't a trace, so there must be a place to find on my linux
    machine. In other words, I'm looking for a file like /etc/passwd for
    changing settings for the AD-Users.

    Any hints? Any ideas?

    Let me know if you need some more config-infos.

    Thanks in advance.

    Sebastian Knieschewski

  2. Re: [Samba] Changing winbind's user settings of an AD-User

  3. Re: [Samba] Changing winbind's user settings of an AD-User

    Gerald (Jerry) Carter schrieb:
    > Set "winbind nss info = rfc2307" or sfu depending on your
    > domain schema.

    The problem is, that the AD-Servers are beyond my administrative area
    and I fear any changes concering linux won't be made at the AD-Controllers.

    Is there any other possibility changing theses infos? Are these infos
    stored, or are they just the global entries "template homedir" and
    "template shell"?

    Greetings

    Sebastian

  4. Re: [Samba] Changing winbind's user settings of an AD-User