Hello,
I'm implementing storage servers that will serve millions of 300 kb big files.
I'm thinking of giving samba a try, since that's the new slogan, right, that samba can replace NFS?
So how do I share and mount a over samba the same way, so that UIDs and GIDs are working?
How can I mount //server/xxx so that two local users can create files with their respective UIDs?
Otherwise I'm interested in samba parameters that will increase throughput in my setting (millions of 300-400kb files).

Magnus