I've been trying to get the smbclient -M to work but I'm running into
some troubles.

I want from a Linux box to display one of those popups, I can get a few
command to work fine which is where my issue is:

The windows machine I'm trying to send it to is (or
ENGS1004 NetBIOS name).

When I do:

smbclient -U fling%password -L ENGS1004.switchnet.nv

I get:

Domain=[SWITCHNET] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

Sharename Type Comment

--------- ---- -------

Empty Disk

ADMIN$ Disk Remote Admin

C$ Disk Default share

session request to ENGS1004.SWITCHN failed (Called name not present)

Domain=[SWITCHNET] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

Server Comment

--------- -------

Workgroup Master

--------- -------

When I do:

mount -t cifs -o user=fling // /mnt/bleh/

and enter my password, it mounts the drive properly and I can browse the
remote directory.

But when I try:

smbclient -U fling%password -M ENGS1004.switchnet.nv

I'm getting:

Connection to ENGS1004.switchnet.nv failed

Is the -M working completely differently from the other aspects of samba
and requires specific setup to work?

I've did a test with other computer that aren't attached to a domain and
got it to work, but this is just giving me troubles.

Any body would have a hint of what the issue could be? I can't find any
log or error anywhere to lead me to what the problem could be.