Thanks a lot.

We now use the version 3.0.24 from ftp://ftp.hvcc.edu/pub/pware/aix52/
Now the ldap acces is ok with the use of ldapsam password backend but user
authentication fails.

I want to know if the use of samba.schema is absolutely required ?
Our need is quite simple, we don't want to create a domain controller, we
only want to authenticate users access to some shared directories in the
enterprise LDAP (from Sun), and we are not allowed to change the LDAP
schemas.

We use a "security = share" mode.
On the AIX server, unix accounts are already authenticated via LDAP.

trace.log :
primary group is 0 and contains 0 supplementary groups
[2007/03/28 17:41:32, 5] lib/smbldap.c:smbldap_search_ext(1179)
smbldap_search_ext: base => [o=psa], filter =>
[(&(uid=p239212)(objectclass=sambaSamAccount))], scope => [2]
[2007/03/28 17:41:32, 4] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_getsampwnam(1402)
ldapsam_getsampwnam: Unable to locate user [p239212] count=0

Thank you for your help.

Mercier Pierre-Alain
Prestataire - Société Alti
Direction : DINQ