Thanks a lot.

We now use the version 3.0.24 from
Now the ldap acces is ok with the use of ldapsam password backend but user
authentication fails.

I want to know if the use of samba.schema is absolutely required ?
Our need is quite simple, we don't want to create a domain controller, we
only want to authenticate users access to some shared directories in the
enterprise LDAP (from Sun), and we are not allowed to change the LDAP

We use a "security = share" mode.
On the AIX server, unix accounts are already authenticated via LDAP.

trace.log :
primary group is 0 and contains 0 supplementary groups
[2007/03/28 17:41:32, 5] lib/smbldap.c:smbldap_search_ext(1179)
smbldap_search_ext: base => [o=psa], filter =>
[(&(uid=p239212)(objectclass=sambaSamAccount))], scope => [2]
[2007/03/28 17:41:32, 4] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_getsampwnam(1402)
ldapsam_getsampwnam: Unable to locate user [p239212] count=0

Thank you for your help.

Mercier Pierre-Alain
Prestataire - Société Alti
Direction : DINQ