[Samba] unsupported nsswitch entry - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] unsupported nsswitch entry - Samba ; After upgrading Samba on Solaris 8 I am unable to change passwords nsswitch.conf > passwd: files winbind Attempting to change passwords results in; > # passwd root > passwd: Unsupported nsswitch entry for "passwd:". Use "-r repository ". > Unexpected ...

  1. [Samba] unsupported nsswitch entry

    After upgrading Samba on Solaris 8 I am unable to change passwords

    nsswitch.conf
    > passwd: files winbind

    Attempting to change passwords results in;

    > # passwd root
    > passwd: Unsupported nsswitch entry for "passwd:". Use "-r repository ".
    > Unexpected failure. Password file/table unchanged.

    How do you get Solaris to recognize the winbind entry? I have installed
    the winbind library.
    --
    Robert Steinmetz, AIA
    Principal

  2. Re: [Samba] unsupported nsswitch entry

    isn't password change done through PAM, not nsswitch ????

    Collen.

    Robert Steinmetz AIA wrote:
    > After upgrading Samba on Solaris 8 I am unable to change passwords
    >
    > nsswitch.conf
    >> passwd: files winbind

    > Attempting to change passwords results in;
    >
    >> # passwd root
    >> passwd: Unsupported nsswitch entry for "passwd:". Use "-r repository ".
    >> Unexpected failure. Password file/table unchanged.

    > How do you get Solaris to recognize the winbind entry? I have
    > installed the winbind library.

  3. Re: [Samba] unsupported nsswitch entry