[Samba] Re: Samba-LDAP interdomain trust - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Re: Samba-LDAP interdomain trust - Samba ; On 3/26/07, Allysson Steve Mota Lacerda wrote: > > I'm trying to create a trust between two Samba-LDAP domains (on a single > server). I solved this problem but now I have a new one. When I try to login ...

  1. [Samba] Re: Samba-LDAP interdomain trust

    On 3/26/07, Allysson Steve Mota Lacerda wrote:

    > I'm trying to create a trust between two Samba-LDAP domains (on a single
    > server).

    I solved this problem but now I have a new one.

    When I try to login on the trusting domain (LABI) using an account of the
    trusted domain (ADMIN) the following message is shown: "A device connected
    to the system is not functioning". My "log on to" is set to ADMIN.

    I had this problem a time ago because the SIDs of my users were wrong but
    I've fixed it.

    In both log.nmbd files I got the following messages:

    [2007/04/02 17:01:58, 0]
    nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:get_domain_master_name_node_stat us_fail(486)
    get_domain_master_name_node_status_fail:
    Doing a node status request to the domain master browser at IP
    failed.
    Cannot get workgroup name.

    I have two domains running on a single server (different NICs) and they
    share the WINS server.

    Can anyone help me?

    --
    Allysson Steve Mota Lacerda
    stevelacerda@stevelacerda.net

  2. [Samba] Re: Samba-LDAP interdomain trust

    On 4/2/07, Allysson Steve Mota Lacerda wrote:

    > When I try to login on the trusting domain (LABI) using an account of the
    > trusted domain (ADMIN) the following message is shown: "A device connected
    > to the system is not functioning ". My "log on to" is set to ADMIN.
    >
    > I had this problem a time ago because the SIDs of my users were wrong but
    > I've fixed it.

    According to log.smbd, the user has an user SID refering to the trusted
    domain but the group SID is from the trusting domain. I don't use groups and
    the sambaPrimaryGroupSID field was empty. Even when I change the
    sambaPrimaryGroupSID value the message is the same.

    [2007/04/03 16:20:02, 2] auth/auth.c:check_ntlm_password(309)
    check_ntlm_password: authentication for user [facomp] -> [facomp] ->
    [facomp] succeeded
    [2007/04/03 16:20:02, 1]
    rpc_server/srv_netlog_nt.c:_net_sam_logon_internal(1004)
    _net_sam_logon: user ADMIN\facomp has user sid
    S-1-5-21-2439387625-709437076-297468561-23822
    but group sid S-1-5-21-2029413396-4276977753-1550331494-513.
    The conflicting domain portions are not supported for NETLOGON calls