[Samba] How to change SID in ntuser.dat? - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] How to change SID in ntuser.dat? - Samba ; Hello, i try to migrate user/groups from NT4 PDC to Samba3 with LDAP backend. There is already an NIS-Server with Samba runing, so there exists two userlists. I migrated the user/ groups from windows via net rpc vampire and added/changed ...

  1. [Samba] How to change SID in ntuser.dat?

    Hello,
    i try to migrate user/groups from NT4 PDC to Samba3 with LDAP backend.
    There is already an NIS-Server with Samba runing, so there exists two
    userlists.
    I migrated the user/ groups from windows via net rpc vampire and
    added/changed
    the UID´s from the NIS-Server but didn´t change the SID.
    A teammate told me, there could be some access problems, if i don´t
    change the SID.
    So i tried to change the SID in ntuser.dat to produce a samba equal SID
    (RID = 2xUID +1000).
    /usr/bin/profiles dumps me only the reghive, but doesn´t change the SID.
    I´m using Samba 3.0.24.

    Any hints?

    Regards
    Stefan D.

  2. Re: [Samba] How to change SID in ntuser.dat?

  3. Re: [Samba] How to change SID in ntuser.dat?

    No one?
    How can i change SID in ntuser.dat?

    Stefan Drees schrieb:
    > Hello,
    > i try to migrate user/groups from NT4 PDC to Samba3 with LDAP backend.
    > There is already an NIS-Server with Samba runing, so there exists two
    > userlists.
    > I migrated the user/ groups from windows via net rpc vampire and
    > added/changed
    > the UID´s from the NIS-Server but didn´t change the SID.
    > A teammate told me, there could be some access problems, if i don´t
    > change the SID.
    > So i tried to change the SID in ntuser.dat to produce a samba equal SID
    > (RID = 2xUID +1000).
    > /usr/bin/profiles dumps me only the reghive, but doesn´t change the SID.
    > I´m using Samba 3.0.24.
    >
    > Any hints?
    >
    > Regards
    > Stefan D.

  4. Re: [Samba] How to change SID in ntuser.dat?

    Sorry, i try to explain again.
    I want to migrate nt4 user and groups von nt4 pdc to samba3 with net rpc
    vampire.
    Normally samba generate new SID´s like this: 2*UID + 1000.

    Now i want to change the nt4 user SID´s to the style samba would
    calculate them.
    The reason for this, a friend told me there are some access problems if
    i leave
    the original NT4 SID. I tried the /usr/bin/profiles binary, but this
    seems only
    to work for NT4/W2K and not for XP.

    Hope its better now :-). Sorry, for my bad english.

    Regards
    Stefan D.

    Fred Nuffer schrieb:
    > Even after reading this I am not entirely sure what you are asking.
    > If you want to change the owners of the existing profiles, you would
    > use moveuser.exe from the server resource kits.
    >
    > Stefan Drees wrote:
    >> No one?
    >> How can i change SID in ntuser.dat?
    >>
    >> Stefan Drees schrieb:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>> i try to migrate user/groups from NT4 PDC to Samba3 with LDAP backend.
    >>> There is already an NIS-Server with Samba runing, so there exists two
    >>> userlists.
    >>> I migrated the user/ groups from windows via net rpc vampire and
    >>> added/changed
    >>> the UID´s from the NIS-Server but didn´t change the SID.
    >>> A teammate told me, there could be some access problems, if i don´t
    >>> change the SID.
    >>> So i tried to change the SID in ntuser.dat to produce a samba equal SID
    >>> (RID = 2xUID +1000).
    >>> /usr/bin/profiles dumps me only the reghive, but doesn´t change the SID.
    >>> I´m using Samba 3.0.24.
    >>>
    >>> Any hints?
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>> Stefan D.
    >>>

    > --
    > Best regards,
    >
    > L. Fred Nuffer
    > Support Systems Analyst, Senior
    > Parking and Transportation Services
    > Office: (520)621-5021
    > Cell: (520)307-2306
    > Email: fnuffer@email.arizona.edu

  5. Re: [Samba] How to change SID in ntuser.dat?

  6. Re: [Samba] How to change SID in ntuser.dat?

    Many thanks, i will try today.