Hi All

Our company got a Windows Vista installed laptop even though we ordered
it with XP. Now I'm faced with the task of integrating the beast into
our samba controlled domain. Something I was hoping to delay for some time.

Our PDC is samba 2.2.8a with openldap 2.1.4
We also have a Domain Member Server running samba 3.0.10.

There is a document on the Microsoft site that I downloaded
explaining how to do folder redirection so that at least some of the
XP/Vista profile will roam. To do this you have to logon to Vista as a
"Domain User" and run GPMC.MSC. The problem is that, even though I logon
as a domain user (DOMAIN\user) the GPMC.MSC issues the warning:

"To manage Group Policy, you must log on to the computer with a domain
user account."

With samba 2.2.8a we have no "Domain Users" group. Could this be the
problem? How would I add this group to the PDC?

Is there a workaround for this?

Any help is appreciated.

Tom Robinson
Systems Administrator

Intelligent Space
Parchment House
13 Northburgh Street
t: 020 7014 5980
f: 020 7014 5981
e: gtempleton@intelligentspace.com
w: http://www.intelligentspace.com

The information in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential. It
isintended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not a named
recipient please notify the sender immediately and then delete it
without disclosing the contents to another person or taking copies.