[Samba] Linux Active Directory Integration Problem - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Linux Active Directory Integration Problem - Samba ; Hi, I am getting the problem to access shared folder when I am using Dual boot operating System. Let say I have two operating system on the same machine. 1) XP and the name of the machine in xp environment ...

  1. [Samba] Linux Active Directory Integration Problem

    Hi,
    I am getting the problem to access shared folder when I am using Dual boot
    operating System.
    Let say I have two operating system on the same machine.
    1) XP and the name of the machine in xp environment is "XYZ"
    2)Cent OS (Linux) and the name of the machine in Linux environment is "ABC"
    both operating system share the same static IP address.

    the problem appear when I have logged in my domain using XP OS and restart
    the machine in Linux mode.
    In Linux mode I can join the domain using "net ads join -U user%password"
    command, it is working fine and
    I am getting the message like "Join in Domain" but when I try to access any
    share folder my domain controller
    is giving the message " You do not have access right to see the content".
    But if I reboot my domain controller and Linux PC I am able to see my
    shared content.

    Any idea or guess where I am making mistake?????????

    Thanks & Regards
    Brijesh Shukla

  2. Re: [Samba] Linux Active Directory Integration Problem

    Brijesh Shukla wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I am getting the problem to access shared folder when I am using Dual boot
    > operating System.
    > Let say I have two operating system on the same machine.
    > 1) XP and the name of the machine in xp environment is "XYZ"
    > 2)Cent OS (Linux) and the name of the machine in Linux environment is "ABC"
    > both operating system share the same static IP address.

    Try (if possible) using a different IP address for each machine
    to eliminate caching issues.

    Doug