I have winbind working and it is providing security for my shares. Now, I
would like to implement ACLs so I can help my backup users manage
everything through MMC.

Following is a copy of my smb.conf file.

[global]
workgroup = XX
winbind separator = +
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
security = domain
password server = 10.129.10.YY
client schannel = no
wins server = 10.129.10.YY
log level = 5
# log file = /var/log/samba.%m
name resolve order = wins hosts
winbind use default domain = Yes
realm = XX

[Jay.Hall]
comment = Jay Hall's Home Directory
browseable = yes
writeable = yes
valid users = XX+jay.hall
force user = hallja
directory mode = 0770
path = /home/hallja
admin users = Jay.Hall

Using wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g I am able to pull user and group information
from the Domain Controller. When I use MMC to connect to the share
defined above, the only search location listed is the IP address of the
server. I believe that should be the name/IP address of the domain
controller. This leads me to believe I have something wrong in my
smb.conf file.

Thanks,

Jay