SQL - Routers

This is a discussion on SQL - Routers ; Can somebody explain me what is a SQL in a simple way. I have heard very long versions of it. Thank you!...

  1. SQL

    Can somebody explain me what is a SQL in a simple way. I have heard
    very long versions of it. Thank you!

  2. Re: SQL

    gio wrote:

    > Can somebody explain me what is a SQL in a simple way. I have heard
    > very long versions of it. Thank you!

    SQL is not a database management system, it is no a stand-alone product.
    You cannot go into a computer store and buy SQL. SQL is a part of a
    database management system, a language and a tool for communicating with
    a DBMS. SQL comes in many flavors (if you will) depending on the
    manufacturer of the SQL compatable database management system you
    choose. Here are some examples, Transace-SQL is used with SQL Server
    2000 and 2005 (MS products), Oracle8i used Oracle PL/SQL, and many other
    s list MySQL all are SQL compatable database management systems.

    The database management system (DBMS) is more that just a database (a
    file containing data) in that the DBMS contains the database and the
    tools necessary for a user to build interfaces with the data and use
    those interfaces which working with the data.

    Hope this helps.
    Darth...

  3. Re: SQL

    "DarthOdor" wrote in message
    > gio wrote:
    >
    >> Can somebody explain me what is a SQL in a simple way. I have heard
    >> very long versions of it. Thank you!
    >>

    > SQL is not a database management system, it is no a stand-alone product.
    > You cannot go into a computer store and buy SQL. SQL is a part of a
    > database management system, a language and a tool for communicating with a
    > DBMS. SQL comes in many flavors (if you will) depending on the
    > manufacturer of the SQL compatable database management system you choose.
    > Here are some examples, Transace-SQL is used with SQL Server 2000 and 2005
    > (MS products), Oracle8i used Oracle PL/SQL, and many other s list MySQL
    > all are SQL compatable database management systems.
    >
    > The database management system (DBMS) is more that just a database (a file
    > containing data) in that the DBMS contains the database and the tools
    > necessary for a user to build interfaces with the data and use those
    > interfaces which working with the data.
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    > Darth...

    Good explanation...