About Wireless gateaways - Routers

This is a discussion on About Wireless gateaways - Routers ; Hello, I am just wondering if anyone knows how to get into other people's wireless network. The problem is that some guy is threat me that he will get into mine and steal my files. Also, he claims that he ...

  1. About Wireless gateaways

    Hello,

    I am just wondering if anyone knows how to get into other people's
    wireless network. The problem is that some guy is threat me that he
    will get into mine and steal my files. Also, he claims that he uses my
    internet but I doubt it. Is there a way to get into his network or at
    least obtain internet from him. Thank you

  2. Re: About Wireless gateaways

    On Oct 1, 6:10 pm, gio wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am just wondering if anyone knows how to get into other people's
    > wireless network. The problem is that some guy is threat me that he
    > will get into mine and steal my files. Also, he claims that he uses my
    > internet but I doubt it. Is there a way to get into his network or at
    > least obtain internet from him. Thank you

    Talk to any professional in the business about wireless security. An
    intelligent and knowledgeable hacker can crack into a wireless
    network, and probably could steal your files. There are packet
    sniffers and other tools that can find an SSID even if it is not
    broadcasting. MAC filtering is helpful, but MAC addresses can be
    spoofed. If you are using WEP, you better switch to WPA. On WEP, the
    security keys do not change, on WPA the encryption keys change every
    session I believe. The only true security is too separate your wired
    network from your wireless, and don't have anything on your wireless
    network that is sensitive or that you care about.

    If this is a neighbor, it is better to be at peace with them.

+ Reply to Thread