Problem using Intel Pro Nics with Netgear VPN Firewall - Routers

This is a discussion on Problem using Intel Pro Nics with Netgear VPN Firewall - Routers ; Hello, I recently setup two Windows 2003 Servers with terminal services. When I connect with remote desktop from a server or laptop on the switch the connection is fast, but when I connect to the new severs with remote desktop ...

  1. Problem using Intel Pro Nics with Netgear VPN Firewall

    Hello,

    I recently setup two Windows 2003 Servers with terminal services. When I
    connect with remote desktop from a server or laptop on the switch the
    connection is fast, but when I connect to the new severs with remote desktop
    outside the firewall I have a very slow connection. The older terminal
    servers on the switch have a very fast remote desktop connection outside the
    firewall. Windows 2003 Server with terminal services\netgear ProSafe vpn
    firewall fvx538\Intel Pro EB 1000GB has a very slow RDP remote connection I
    think it is the NICs, uninstalling the NICs drivers and trying older and
    newer drivers without much of an improvement. Can someone that seen this
    issue with Windows 2003 Enterprise and Intelpro 1000GB EB Nics help me
    figure this out.

    FYI, I did notice after removing the NIC drivers and installing them again,
    I thought fixed it;the remote connection outside the firwall was fast for
    several hours till the next day it was slow again.

    Any help is appreciatted
    Thanks
    Joe

  2. Re: Problem using Intel Pro Nics with Netgear VPN Firewall

    Interesting you connect to a server via switch, its fast. You connect
    "outside the firewall", its a slow connection. Yet an old TS, outside
    the firewall is fast.
    What do you mean "outside the firewall"? Without the firewall unit:
    netgear ProSafe vpn firewall fvx538? Or with the firewall disabled?
    How does a sustained ping perform? How is it with other data? Do you
    have logs on that firewall unit, could this indicate something?

+ Reply to Thread