Netgear 834GT Bloock Sites - Routers

This is a discussion on Netgear 834GT Bloock Sites - Routers ; i just upgraded the firmware of my netgear 834gt (to V1.02.09), and am getting better connection speeds, but the 'block sites' filter in the firewall no longer seems to work. i have tried 2 custom versions of this firmware with ...

  1. Netgear 834GT Bloock Sites

    i just upgraded the firmware of my netgear 834gt (to V1.02.09), and am
    getting better connection speeds, but the 'block sites' filter in the
    firewall no longer seems to work. i have tried 2 custom versions of this
    firmware with the same problem. currently back with
    V1.02.04-UberGT1.05-by-Bracco because it works well, but the extra 800kbps
    connection from the new firmware would be nice.
    i have 4 kids, using 4 pcs, so router level blocking is essential and
    convenient (+foxfilter on each pc)

    netgear dont seem to want to reply to my email, so i thought i'd ask if
    anyone here knows a solution.
    thanks

  2. Re: Netgear 834GT Bloock Sites

    Let's see you have a working router, which your trying to optimize
    your options: upgrade get speed boost, however loose or contend with
    bug in filters. This prob is common when trading up to new firmwares
    which may not be fully tested. What to do, wait till bug gets fixed,
    keep pushing Netgear to get its engineers to fix it and recognize as
    an issue; replace router, since filtering of sites tends to load up
    the router significantly; or push for a new patch for firmware that
    may get you out of this problem.

  3. Re: Netgear 834GT Bloock Sites

    oh well, i was hoping someone knew of a custom firmware, based on 1.02.04,
    but with the adsl driver from 1.02.09, sadly i dont have the skill to do it
    myself

+ Reply to Thread