Re: router freezing - Routers

This is a discussion on Re: router freezing - Routers ; Usually it is the router, try just unplugging the router power for a minute and see it if starts working. Thanks, Bruce "Rick" wrote in message news:V9ydnUTWLOCsEuPbnZ2dnUVZ_silnZ2d@bright.net.. . > Hi > I am running Windows XP Home on a Gateway ...

  1. Re: router freezing

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:V9ydnUTWLOCsEuPbnZ2dnUVZ_silnZ2d@bright.net.. .
    > Hi
    > I am running Windows XP Home on a Gateway 2.66 machine with 2.75 gigs ram.
    >
    > My problem is the internet freezes when it wants to. I have to reset my
    > router and or DSL modem to fix the problem. The red light for no internet
    > does not come on. All lights look normal.
    >
    > I run Fire fox and IE 6 for browsers and Bitdefender 9 for anti virus. I
    > also have ran CC Cleaner, Spyware Doctor, A Squared and Advanced Windows
    > care V2 professional, so I believe I checked the best I could for Malware
    > etc. I have also update my routers firmware and my ati radeon graphics
    > card.
    >
    > My router is a Buffalo WHR-HP G54 and the modem is a Gnet.
    >
    > I am not sure if it's a Windows problem or what. Any advise appreciated
    >
    > Thanks in Advance
    > Rick

  2. Re: router freezing

    Hi Bruce

    That only works until the next freeze, which might be a day or a hour, one
    never knows. That's the aggravating part of the problem.

    I also can not recreate the problem at will, so it makes it difficult to
    diagnose.

    Thanks
    Rick
    "Bruce" wrote in message
    > Usually it is the router, try just unplugging the router power for a
    > minute and see it if starts working.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bruce
    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > news:V9ydnUTWLOCsEuPbnZ2dnUVZ_silnZ2d@bright.net.. .
    >> Hi
    >> I am running Windows XP Home on a Gateway 2.66 machine with 2.75 gigs
    >> ram.
    >>
    >> My problem is the internet freezes when it wants to. I have to reset my
    >> router and or DSL modem to fix the problem. The red light for no internet
    >> does not come on. All lights look normal.
    >>
    >> I run Fire fox and IE 6 for browsers and Bitdefender 9 for anti virus. I
    >> also have ran CC Cleaner, Spyware Doctor, A Squared and Advanced Windows
    >> care V2 professional, so I believe I checked the best I could for Malware
    >> etc. I have also update my routers firmware and my ati radeon graphics
    >> card.
    >>
    >> My router is a Buffalo WHR-HP G54 and the modem is a Gnet.
    >>
    >> I am not sure if it's a Windows problem or what. Any advise appreciated
    >>
    >> Thanks in Advance
    >> Rick

  3. Re: router freezing

    Upgrade the firmware on the router, if that does not fix it get a
    replacement. Linksys routers are more prone to lockups than
    Buffalo from my experience. I also have had success putting the router and
    modem on a battery backup unit not just a surge strip.

    Thanks,
    Bruce

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:sqydnRCmTqHRluLbnZ2dnUVZ_rGinZ2d@bright.net.. .
    > Hi Bruce
    >
    > That only works until the next freeze, which might be a day or a hour, one
    > never knows. That's the aggravating part of the problem.
    >
    > I also can not recreate the problem at will, so it makes it difficult to
    > diagnose.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Rick
    > "Bruce" wrote in message
    >> Usually it is the router, try just unplugging the router power for a
    >> minute and see it if starts working.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Bruce
    >> "Rick" wrote in message
    >> news:V9ydnUTWLOCsEuPbnZ2dnUVZ_silnZ2d@bright.net.. .
    >>> Hi
    >>> I am running Windows XP Home on a Gateway 2.66 machine with 2.75 gigs
    >>> ram.
    >>>
    >>> My problem is the internet freezes when it wants to. I have to reset my
    >>> router and or DSL modem to fix the problem. The red light for no
    >>> internet does not come on. All lights look normal.
    >>>
    >>> I run Fire fox and IE 6 for browsers and Bitdefender 9 for anti virus. I
    >>> also have ran CC Cleaner, Spyware Doctor, A Squared and Advanced Windows
    >>> care V2 professional, so I believe I checked the best I could for
    >>> Malware etc. I have also update my routers firmware and my ati radeon
    >>> graphics card.
    >>>
    >>> My router is a Buffalo WHR-HP G54 and the modem is a Gnet.
    >>>
    >>> I am not sure if it's a Windows problem or what. Any advise appreciated
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in Advance
    >>> Rick

+ Reply to Thread