I'm having trouble with a D-Link di-524 router. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

The D-Link has been working perfectly with wireless computers for a
long time. I just added a computer to one of the Lan Ports on the back
of the D-Link. The LED on the front of the d_link lights up,
acknowledging an ethernet connection. However, the computer cannot get
a network address from the d-link and comes up with the message
"limited or no connectivity". I cannot connect to the d-link using the
default IP address of 192.168.0.1. I can connect using the other
computers that are connected wirelessly. I checked and made sure that
the DHCP server is enabled and my computer is set to obtain an IP
address automatically. Any suggestions?

I'm running Windows XP sp2.

Thanks!

Jonathan