Can I use a wireless PCI in non-wireless mode? - Routers

This is a discussion on Can I use a wireless PCI in non-wireless mode? - Routers ; My question is this: If I install a wireless PCI adaptor into my PC now, will I be able to use the same card to make a wired ethernet connection to my wireless modem/router. i.e can a wireless card be ...

  1. Can I use a wireless PCI in non-wireless mode?

    My question is this: If I install a wireless PCI adaptor into my PC
    now, will I be able to use the same card to make a wired ethernet
    connection to my wireless modem/router. i.e can a wireless card be used
    in non-wireless mode?

    TIA,

    Ed

  2. Re: Can I use a wireless PCI in non-wireless mode?

    Does it have a spot for a cat5 cable? Normally wired takes priority over
    wireless.

    "Ed" wrote in message
    > My question is this: If I install a wireless PCI adaptor into my PC now,
    > will I be able to use the same card to make a wired ethernet connection to
    > my wireless modem/router. i.e can a wireless card be used in non-wireless
    > mode?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Ed

+ Reply to Thread