Wireless Security - Routers

This is a discussion on Wireless Security - Routers ; I want to use WPA or WEP security on my WRT54G. I have desktop hard-wired to it, laptop, and TiVo wireless. Any tips or cautions? -- C and A Bredt...

  1. Wireless Security

    --
    C and A Bredt

  2. Re: Wireless Security

    "C and A Bredt" skrev i en meddelelse
    >I want to use WPA or WEP security on my WRT54G. I have desktop hard-wired
    >to it, laptop, and TiVo wireless.
    >
    > Any tips or cautions?
    >
    > --
    > C and A Bredt

    Hi,

    It is crusial that you use WPA which is the safest to use - most devices can
    use it. Then use MAC filtering to ensure that only the laptop and TiVo can
    connect to your router. Remember to disable remote administraton - also to
    change the administrator password. I'll guess thats it.

    /Søren

  3. Re: Wireless Security

    "Søren Skovgaard" wrote in message
    news:466c614d$0$2100$edfadb0f@dtext02.news.tele.dk ...
    > "C and A Bredt" skrev i en meddelelse
    >>I want to use WPA or WEP security on my WRT54G. I have desktop
    >>hard-wired to it, laptop, and TiVo wireless.
    >>
    >> Any tips or cautions?
    >>
    >> --
    >> C and A Bredt
    >>

    > Hi,
    >
    > It is crusial that you use WPA which is the safest to use - most
    > devices can use it. Then use MAC filtering to ensure that only the
    > laptop and TiVo can connect to your router. Remember to disable remote
    > administraton - also to change the administrator password. I'll guess
    > thats it.
    >
    > /Søren

    If you want WPA on the TiVo the TiVo brand wireless adapter is required.

    --
    Travis in Shoreline Washington

+ Reply to Thread