Cisco alternative recommendations? - Routers

This is a discussion on Cisco alternative recommendations? - Routers ; I am in the process of designing/configuring a new company wide network infrastructure with some help from outside vendors. In all cases the vendors have proposed 100% Cisco equipment and along with it the annual maintenance fees. Has anyone successfully ...

  1. Cisco alternative recommendations?

    I am in the process of designing/configuring a new company wide
    network infrastructure with some help from outside vendors.

    In all cases the vendors have proposed 100% Cisco equipment and along
    with it the annual maintenance fees.

    Has anyone successfully implemented a multi-location company-wide
    network infrastructure using non-Cisco equipment that perhaps did not
    carry can equip annual maintenance charge?

    Also what make/model equipment was selected?

    Thanks for any/all recommendations.

  2. Re: Cisco alternative recommendations?

    "bobmct" wrote in message
    >I am in the process of designing/configuring a new company wide
    > network infrastructure with some help from outside vendors.
    >
    > In all cases the vendors have proposed 100% Cisco equipment and along
    > with it the annual maintenance fees.
    >
    > Has anyone successfully implemented a multi-location company-wide
    > network infrastructure using non-Cisco equipment that perhaps did not
    > carry can equip annual maintenance charge?
    >
    > Also what make/model equipment was selected?
    >
    > Thanks for any/all recommendations.

    Cisco stuff is very reliable,
    But if you are against Cisco, you can look at juniper networks for starters.

  3. Re: Cisco alternative recommendations?

    I have som experience with VPN networking with ( older models ) of nortel,
    like the connectivity 1010 and 600.

    We use it in combination with cisco for the leased lines, but for vpn we use
    the nortel ( for clients and branch office )...

    And it works really good.
    No extra maintenace fee's after you buy it,
    and you still can upgrade to newest software versions without any charge...

    If you want to now more, just send me a email

    Br, Theo

    "bobmct" wrote in message
    >I am in the process of designing/configuring a new company wide
    > network infrastructure with some help from outside vendors.
    >
    > In all cases the vendors have proposed 100% Cisco equipment and along
    > with it the annual maintenance fees.
    >
    > Has anyone successfully implemented a multi-location company-wide
    > network infrastructure using non-Cisco equipment that perhaps did not
    > carry can equip annual maintenance charge?
    >
    > Also what make/model equipment was selected?
    >
    > Thanks for any/all recommendations.

+ Reply to Thread