can't connect to my router - Routers

This is a discussion on can't connect to my router - Routers ; I've got a dlink dgl-4300 and have enabled remote management. I can't connect to it from my own network and don't think anyone could connect to it from their end either. I know the ip was typed in correctly and ...

  1. can't connect to my router

    I've got a dlink dgl-4300 and have enabled remote management. I can't
    connect to it from my own network and don't think anyone could connect to it
    from their end either. I know the ip was typed in correctly and :8080 was
    added to the end, but it doesn't connect or find anything. so I'll type in
    my ip like
    45.234.34.56:8080 and it won't see anything. That is of course not a real
    ip. it says page not found. I don't get it as remote management is enabled.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: can't connect to my router

    AMD schrieb:
    > I've got a dlink dgl-4300 and have enabled remote management. I can't
    > connect to it from my own network and don't think anyone could connect
    > to it from their end either. I know the ip was typed in correctly and
    > :8080 was added to the end, but it doesn't connect or find anything. so
    > I'll type in my ip like
    > 45.234.34.56:8080 and it won't see anything. That is of course not a
    > real ip. it says page not found. I don't get it as remote management is
    > enabled.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Hi

    Did it work in your LAN?
    Make sure that you have added // or http:// before the ip
    //45.234.34.56:8080
    http://45.234.34.56:8080

    sorry for my englisch

    bye

  3. Re: can't connect to my router

    Have you checked the firewall? Is there a firewall on the same network?

    "Adrian Stern" wrote in message

    > AMD schrieb:
    >> I've got a dlink dgl-4300 and have enabled remote management. I can't
    >> connect to it from my own network and don't think anyone could connect
    >> to it from their end either. I know the ip was typed in correctly and
    >> :8080 was added to the end, but it doesn't connect or find anything. so
    >> I'll type in my ip like
    >> 45.234.34.56:8080 and it won't see anything. That is of course not a
    >> real ip. it says page not found. I don't get it as remote management is
    >> enabled.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>

    > Hi
    >
    > Did it work in your LAN?
    > Make sure that you have added // or http:// before the ip
    > //45.234.34.56:8080
    > http://45.234.34.56:8080
    >
    > sorry for my englisch
    >
    > bye

  4. Re: can't connect to my router

    "Adrian Stern" wrote in message
    > AMD schrieb:
    >> I've got a dlink dgl-4300 and have enabled remote management. I can't
    >> connect to it from my own network and don't think anyone could connect
    >> to it from their end either. I know the ip was typed in correctly and
    >> :8080 was added to the end, but it doesn't connect or find anything. so
    >> I'll type in my ip like
    >> 45.234.34.56:8080 and it won't see anything. That is of course not a
    >> real ip. it says page not found. I don't get it as remote management is
    >> enabled.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>

    > Hi
    >
    > Did it work in your LAN?
    > Make sure that you have added // or http:// before the ip
    > //45.234.34.56:8080
    > http://45.234.34.56:8080
    >
    > sorry for my englisch
    >
    > bye

    No, I already said that. I can't connect to it at all from my lan except
    locally. I've already typed in my ip etc correctly.

  5. Re: can't connect to my router

    "George" wrote in message
    > Have you checked the firewall? Is there a firewall on the same network?
    >

    > "Adrian Stern" wrote in message
    >>
    >> AMD schrieb:
    >>> I've got a dlink dgl-4300 and have enabled remote management. I can't
    >>> connect to it from my own network and don't think anyone could connect
    >>> to it from their end either. I know the ip was typed in correctly and
    >>> :8080 was added to the end, but it doesn't connect or find anything. so
    >>> I'll type in my ip like
    >>> 45.234.34.56:8080 and it won't see anything. That is of course not a
    >>> real ip. it says page not found. I don't get it as remote management is
    >>> enabled.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?
    >>>

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Did it work in your LAN?
    >> Make sure that you have added // or http:// before the ip
    >> //45.234.34.56:8080
    >> http://45.234.34.56:8080
    >>
    >> sorry for my englisch
    >>
    >> bye

    no

  6. Re: can't connect to my router

    "Adrian Stern" wrote in message
    > AMD schrieb:
    >> I've got a dlink dgl-4300 and have enabled remote management. I can't
    >> connect to it from my own network and don't think anyone could connect
    >> to it from their end either. I know the ip was typed in correctly and
    >> :8080 was added to the end, but it doesn't connect or find anything. so
    >> I'll type in my ip like
    >> 45.234.34.56:8080 and it won't see anything. That is of course not a
    >> real ip. it says page not found. I don't get it as remote management is
    >> enabled.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>

    > Hi
    >
    > Did it work in your LAN?
    > Make sure that you have added // or http:// before the ip
    > //45.234.34.56:8080
    > http://45.234.34.56:8080
    >
    > sorry for my englisch
    >
    > bye

    boy dlink sucks. upnp is broke in the last couple firmware versions and
    remote admin does not work either in any firmware they have.

  7. Re: can't connect to my router

    "AMD" wrote in message
    > "Adrian Stern" wrote in message
    >> AMD schrieb:
    >>> I've got a dlink dgl-4300 and have enabled remote management. I
    >>> can't
    >>> connect to it from my own network and don't think anyone could
    >>> connect
    >>> to it from their end either. I know the ip was typed in correctly
    >>> and
    >>> :8080 was added to the end, but it doesn't connect or find anything.
    >>> so
    >>> I'll type in my ip like
    >>> 45.234.34.56:8080 and it won't see anything. That is of course not a
    >>> real ip. it says page not found. I don't get it as remote management
    >>> is
    >>> enabled.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?
    >>>

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Did it work in your LAN?
    >> Make sure that you have added // or http:// before the ip
    >> //45.234.34.56:8080
    >> http://45.234.34.56:8080
    >>
    >> sorry for my englisch
    >>
    >> bye

    > No, I already said that. I can't connect to it at all from my lan
    > except locally. I've already typed in my ip etc correctly.

    The "L" in LAN stands for local.

    --
    Travis in Shoreline Washington

  8. Re: can't connect to my router

    "Travis M." wrote in message
    > "AMD" wrote in message
    >> "Adrian Stern" wrote in message

    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> Did it work in your LAN?
    >>> Make sure that you have added // or http:// before the ip
    >>> //45.234.34.56:8080
    >>> http://45.234.34.56:8080
    >>>
    >>> sorry for my englisch
    >>>
    >>> bye

    >> No, I already said that. I can't connect to it at all from my lan except
    >> locally. I've already typed in my ip etc correctly.

    > The "L" in LAN stands for local.
    >
    > --
    > Travis in Shoreline Washington

    Duh!