xp network - Routers

This is a discussion on xp network - Routers ; Sorry if I am in the wrong place for this but I have a problem with my network. I have 2 pcs running win xp and 1 running vista. Problem is that I can access the internet on all pcs ...

  1. xp network

    Sorry if I am in the wrong place for this but I have a problem with my
    network.
    I have 2 pcs running win xp and 1 running vista. Problem is that I can
    access the internet on all pcs but I can not see, let alone access any
    shared folders or my shared printer from the vista machine.
    1 xp pc is cabled to my Linksys (WRT54G) router, 1 xp pc is using wireless
    and the vista machine is also wireless. Both xp pcs can access each other
    and the printer (which is wired via usb to the first pc) but the vista pc
    can't.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    pjr

  2. Re: xp network

    All three computers must be in the same work group(Same work group name). I
    don't know how to change it on vista systems. For XP systems its found in
    the Control pannal=> System => computer name tab.

    "pjr" wrote in message
    > Sorry if I am in the wrong place for this but I have a problem with my
    > network.
    > I have 2 pcs running win xp and 1 running vista. Problem is that I can
    > access the internet on all pcs but I can not see, let alone access any
    > shared folders or my shared printer from the vista machine.
    > 1 xp pc is cabled to my Linksys (WRT54G) router, 1 xp pc is using wireless
    > and the vista machine is also wireless. Both xp pcs can access each other
    > and the printer (which is wired via usb to the first pc) but the vista pc
    > can't.
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > Thanks in advance
    > pjr

  3. Re: xp network

    "pjr" wrote in message
    > Sorry if I am in the wrong place for this but I have a problem with my
    > network.
    > I have 2 pcs running win xp and 1 running vista. Problem is that I can
    > access the internet on all pcs but I can not see, let alone access any
    > shared folders or my shared printer from the vista machine.
    > 1 xp pc is cabled to my Linksys (WRT54G) router, 1 xp pc is using
    > wireless and the vista machine is also wireless. Both xp pcs can
    > access each other and the printer (which is wired via usb to the first
    > pc) but the vista pc can't.

    You need the Link Layer Topology Responder from here:
    http://tinyurl.com/32kena.

    --
    Travis in Shoreline Washington

  4. Re: xp network

    I have made sure that all were in the same workgroup and I have applied the
    link layer topology patch but still nothing.
    pjr
    "Travis M." wrote in message
    > "pjr" wrote in message
    >> Sorry if I am in the wrong place for this but I have a problem with my
    >> network.
    >> I have 2 pcs running win xp and 1 running vista. Problem is that I can
    >> access the internet on all pcs but I can not see, let alone access any
    >> shared folders or my shared printer from the vista machine.
    >> 1 xp pc is cabled to my Linksys (WRT54G) router, 1 xp pc is using
    >> wireless and the vista machine is also wireless. Both xp pcs can access
    >> each other and the printer (which is wired via usb to the first pc) but
    >> the vista pc can't.

    > You need the Link Layer Topology Responder from here:
    > http://tinyurl.com/32kena.
    >
    > --
    > Travis in Shoreline Washington

  5. Re: xp network(update)

    From the vista pc I can see the workgroup pc's now but can not see or use
    any of the shared resources (shared printer, shared folders , etc.) Need to
    get this working so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    pjr

    "pjr" wrote in message
    > Sorry if I am in the wrong place for this but I have a problem with my
    > network.
    > I have 2 pcs running win xp and 1 running vista. Problem is that I can
    > access the internet on all pcs but I can not see, let alone access any
    > shared folders or my shared printer from the vista machine.
    > 1 xp pc is cabled to my Linksys (WRT54G) router, 1 xp pc is using wireless
    > and the vista machine is also wireless. Both xp pcs can access each other
    > and the printer (which is wired via usb to the first pc) but the vista pc
    > can't.
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > Thanks in advance
    > pjr