usr8200 refuses to restore default factory settings - Routers

This is a discussion on usr8200 refuses to restore default factory settings - Routers ; Hi Group I have a USR8200 which seems to be severly misconfigured. The unit works so far, but it looks like some firewall rules prevent me from logging into the unit and change it's configuration. I then tried to bring ...

  1. usr8200 refuses to restore default factory settings

    Hi Group

    I have a USR8200 which seems to be severly misconfigured. The unit
    works so far, but it looks like some firewall rules prevent me from
    logging into the unit and change it's configuration.

    I then tried to bring the unit back to it's factory default settings
    which acording to the documentation can be done by pressing the reset
    button > 5 seconds. The spookey thing is that the unig goes through
    the LED pattern sequence as described in the docs to show that it does
    restore factory settings, but thereafter everything remains the way it
    was. That said it still keeps the old IP adress I originally assigned
    to it, continues to function acording to the last configuration I did
    and still does not allow me to log in.

    Any ideas?

    TIA

    Markus

  2. Re: usr8200 refuses to restore default factory settings

    "Markus Zingg" wrote in message
    > Hi Group
    >
    > I have a USR8200 which seems to be severly misconfigured. The unit
    > works so far, but it looks like some firewall rules prevent me from
    > logging into the unit and change it's configuration.
    >
    > I then tried to bring the unit back to it's factory default settings
    > which acording to the documentation can be done by pressing the reset
    > button > 5 seconds. The spookey thing is that the unig goes through
    > the LED pattern sequence as described in the docs to show that it does
    > restore factory settings, but thereafter everything remains the way it
    > was. That said it still keeps the old IP adress I originally assigned
    > to it, continues to function acording to the last configuration I did
    > and still does not allow me to log in.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Markus

    it is totally defective. anything that refuses to restore to factory
    defaults when pressing the reset button properly is defecteve.

  3. Re: usr8200 refuses to restore default factory settings

    Hi Group

    Just in case some poor soul stubmles across the same problem anytime
    in the future.

    The thing is that the description on how to reset the router to
    factory defaults is - let me express it this way - suboptimal :-)

    After pressing the reset button up until the described LED pattern
    starts, RELEASE the button as soon as all LEDs light up in paralell.
    There is only a 1 - 2 second time window to do this or else the router
    will NOT restore factory defaults.

    HTH

    Markus

+ Reply to Thread